Cloud Computing offers tremendous advantages over the traditional IT model by delivering web-based software, middleware and computer solutions on demand.
Akita are at the forefront of cloud computing having established a significant datacentre presence in two geographically separated ISO27001 facilities. This allows Akita to offer competitive and industry-leading cloud computing solutions, including:
- Hosted Windows server
- Hosted email (including hosted Microsoft Exchange server)
- Hosted applications
- Hosted VoIP
- Remote data back-up
- Website hosting
- Microsoft Office 365
Cloud computing enables you to upgrade computer systems without the inconvenience and huge costs of traditional server upgrades.
Users of cloud services also benefit from the very latest software with levels of redundancy and security previously only available to extremely large organisations and those with deep pockets!
A key benefit of the close proximity of our data centres is that Akita are able to physically take your data and seed it directly to the virtual environment. As well as speeding up and simplifying the process, this also offers tremendous logistical and security advantages.
Cloud Computing Benefits
Cloud computing offers a range of benefits and improvements over dedicated servers. In many cases, this means that it no longer makes business sense to replace end-of-life servers.
- Reduced costs. Cloud computing can save up to 60% compared to traditional server environments. As well as no up-front costs, accounting for depreciation is a thing of the past!
- Truly scalable. Increase or reduce user numbers instantly and only pay for the space you need.
- Flexibility – easy to upgrade / downgrade, huge range of solutions available.
- Improved performance for remote users with high availability.
- Increased reliability – huge redundancy and infrastructure available.
- Enterprise level security – protecting your systems and your data with the best solutions available.
- Greener computing – less equipment and reduced power usage reduces your carbon footprint, helping your Corporate and Social Responsibility.
- Ready-made disaster recovery solution.
Cloud Computing – An Instant Disaster Recovery Solution
A key benefit of cloud computing is that it provides a ready-made disaster recovery solution. If, in a traditional server environment, an office is affected by a power outage, internal and remote users will be unable to access their server.
In the scenario of a cloud-based infrastructure, if an office loses power then users can access their systems on any internet-enabled computer, email can be delivered to smartphones, and the organisation can continue to work effectively.