Discover the career opportunities available at Akita
Join A Growing IT Company & Discover New Career Opportunities
We’re a leading IT managed service provider with a more than 25-year heritage. Our technical expertise and high standards of customer service have seen our company growth accelerate, providing expanding opportunities as we go.
Choose Akita as the next stage in your career, discover more about our IT support jobs and other roles, and see what we can offer you.
What’s It Like To Work At Akita?
Watch videos from Akita team members to hear about life at the company and the opportunities they’ve had to develop their careers:
Learning & Development
Hear from Rafael how working at Akita has allowed him to continue learning and adding to his skill set
Hear from Rebecca how she’s been able to move into a specialist technology role while with us
Opportunities For Growth
Hear from George about the opportunities available for career development at Akita
CURRENT CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Heritage in IT support
Working At Akita
What We Offer
Akita is a fast-paced professional environment with a supportive and friendly culture. Colleagues are approachable at all levels and new ideas are welcomed.
We encourage continued professional development, where relevant, through internal training, additional courses and accreditations. There is plenty of scope for specialisation within Akita and we look for opportunities to promote from within. Three of our directors even began their careers at Akita working on our helpdesk, so you can progress to the very top.
We also listen to employees and encourage feedback. Staff have regular 1:1s with their line managers, we run employee satisfaction surveys, and generally adopt a culture of transparency.
If you want it, there’s also a culture beyond work, with many long-term friendships made at Akita.
Benefits & Wellbeing At Work
A healthy work/life balance is important and we believe in the wellbeing of our team. We routinely review measures and benefits* that can support them in their roles. Currently, this includes:
- Enhanced annual leave allowance of 32 days’ holiday, including bank holidays. This increases after 3 years of service.
- Contractual sick pay (terms apply).
- Hot lunchtime meals prepared by our in-house chef.
- Refreshments provided, including regular deliveries of free fruit.
- Personalised water bottles for every Employee.
- Air-conditioned office with sit/stand desks for comfort.
- An eyecare scheme to support with the cost of eye tests and glasses (terms apply).
- Paid bereavement leave.
- An ‘Akita toybox’ to encourage outdoor recreation and team building at lunchtimes.
- Wellness events to promote health and wellbeing. Past examples include personal training and yoga.
- An Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) with access to trained counsellors.
Learning And Development
- Opportunities for continued professional development through internal training and professional qualifications in line with the business strategy.
- Internal promotion is encouraged so that talent is homegrown.
- A supportive 1:1 structure so that managers and team members build collaborative relationships.
- Personal Development Plans support Employees, where applicable, to work towards their own career development and goals.
- Salary surveys ensure we pay competitive salaries within the top quartile.
- Employee referral bonus rewards colleagues for building the team and bringing in new talent.
- Client referral bonus rewards colleagues for introducing new business.
- Onsite free parking.
- We operate a transparent pension scheme with a trusted pension provider.
- All Employees receive a birthday gift voucher on their special day.
- Access to ‘Akita Perks’, a retail and leisure discount platform to save money across a wide range of brands.
- There is a quarterly Internal Newsletter to ensure transparency throughout the business and celebrate success.
- The office has a Communications Board to share key messages.
- The Suggestions Box provides an opportunity for tailored or anonymous feedback.
- Paid-for Company events are an important part of Akita’s culture. Past events include Christmas parties, Halloween ‘fright nights’, Summer BBQs, and go-karting days.
- We value the perspective of our colleagues and issue Employee Surveys to seek input and ideas.
- Team building events are encouraged to build connections.
- Employee Handbook to ensure a shared awareness in relation to key policies and procedures.
- Akita has a strong identity and brand that is enhanced through Company uniforms for Engineers, branded vehicles and a professional head office.
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Akita is committed to being carbon neutral by 2025.
- A gardening club, set up and run by Employees.
- Quarterly donations to charitable causes, many of whom are put forward by Employees.
- Sponsorship for local causes and events.
- We maintain a paperless office and keep tech at the core.
- Increased use of electric vehicles with charging ports at Head Office.
How does Akita support professional development?
We are passionate about the professional development of employees and support this in a number of ways.
Paths for development vary for every individual as they are tailored to the business needs, the employee’s goals, and their existing skillsets. It may be appropriate to utilise internal training, external training, professional qualifications – or a mixture of all three!
How does Akita stay competitive in the IT industry?
As a fast-paced MSP, it’s difficult not to stay abreast of new technologies! With a wide array of clients, it’s important we keep an up to date knowledge on new and upcoming technologies to ensure we can meet their needs.
We conduct market research to maintain an awareness of products that may not yet be on the market, to ensure we can put in place the training and accreditations ahead of time.
What is the onboarding process for new IT team members?
We have a comprehensive onboarding programme for every new starter. Besides the team-specific onboarding process for a new starter, every individual that joins Akita will have 9 introductory meetings with Directors and Head of Department. It’s important they understand the wider business, and how their role fits into the bigger picture. This is supported by a meeting about Health and Safety, and a detailed HR induction to better understand the Company’s Employee Handbook.
How does Akita promote diversity and inclusion within the IT department?
We have an Equal Opportunities Policy and ensure incoming and existing employees are asked about reasonable adjustments that may support them to perform their role. We believe that every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from bullying, harassment and victimisation, and regularly review the information we hold on this.
How does Akita welcome feedback from employees?
Employees are encouraged to raise feedback in 1:1s with their line manager but we recognise some people may not always feel comfortable speaking up. That is why we have a virtual suggestion box, which is entirely anonymous, to capture feedback or suggestions as and when they arise. We also conduct employee surveys, and hold regular Q&A sessions with the Managing Director.
Akita is invested in our customers, invested in our services, and invested in our people for the long term.
We recognise that our employees are key assets and we value our team spirit. We look to recruit enthusiastic and professional candidates who are respectful to customers and colleagues.
We also look for ambition, rewarding those that demonstrate passion and aptitude with new opportunities and responsibilities.
As an organisation, protecting the environment and helping the wider community are also built into our values. We’re committed to sustainability and working towards becoming carbon neutral by 2025.
Meanwhile, we are constantly working on our corporate social responsibility, from supporting charities to working with local youth sports. We are also a Disability Confident employer.
Akita operates a successful Apprenticeship Scheme, helping young people or those changing career to get started in IT support jobs.
Our apprentices study towards industry-recognised qualifications (typically a level 3), gaining practical experience while earning a wage at the same time.
Mentoring and development are the basis of a successful apprenticeship and we deliver a supportive programme that encourages a life-long passion for IT.
For currently available apprentice positions, please see our Current Job Opportunities.
*Staff benefits are offered at the company’s discretion and may be changed or removed