Cloud Computing offers tremendous advantages over the traditional IT model by delivering web-based software, middleware and computer solutions on demand.
Akita are at the forefront of business cloud computing solutions. Our advanced technical setup, cloud experience and Microsoft Partner status allows us to offer a wide range of cloud services including:
- Hosted servers
- Offsite backup
- Hosted email (including hosted Microsoft Exchange server)
- Hosted VoIP
- Microsoft Office 365
- Web hosting
- Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Hosted applications
Cloud computing enables you to upgrade computer systems without the inconvenience and huge costs of traditional server upgrades.
Users of cloud services also benefit from the very latest software with levels of redundancy and security previously only available to large organisations or those with deep pockets.
We have established a significant datacentre presence in two geographically separated ISO27001 facilities. This allows Akita to offer competitive and industry-leading cloud computing solutions.
A key benefit of the close proximity of our data centres is that Akita is able to physically take your data and seed it directly to the virtual environment. As well as speeding up and simplifying the process, this also offers tremendous logistical and security advantages.
Cloud Computing Applications & Benefits
Cloud computing offers a range of business benefits and improvements over dedicated servers.
To discover some of the applications of cloud computing, please view our Cloud Computing Guide:
Organisations should consider adopting cloud services for the following reason:
- Reduced costs – Cloud computing can save you as much as to 60% compared to traditional server environments. As well as no up-front costs, accounting for depreciation is a thing of the past!
- Truly scalable – Increase or reduce user numbers instantly and only pay for the space you need.
- Flexibility – Easy to upgrade / downgrade, huge range of solutions available.
- Improved performance – Better for remote users.
- Increased reliability – Huge redundancy and infrastructure available.
- Enterprise-level security – Protecting your systems and your data with the best solutions available.
- Greener computing – Less equipment and reduced power usage reduces your carbon footprint, helping your Corporate and Social Responsibility.
Cloud Computing –Instant Disaster Recovery Solution
One other key benefit of the cloud is that it provides a ready-made disaster recovery solution. If, in a traditional server environment, an office is affected by a power outage, internal and remote users will be unable to access their server.
In the scenario of a cloud-based infrastructure, if an office loses power then users can access their systems with any internet-enabled computer. Email can be delivered to smartphones, and the organisation can continue to work effectively. For more information about cloud services and computing, please get in touch.
Other services Contact us