Your data cabling is intended to be the most durable part of your computer network, lasting up to 20 years. It is therefore very important to get it right and designed by genuine experts. Akita Systems have been designing and installing network cabling since 1996 so you can be assured of a first-class solution backed up by decades of experience.
Of course, 20 years is a long time and it is impossible to accurately predict what your IT network requirements will be at that time. However, data cabling projects should be carefully planned and implemented to ensure that there is sufficient flexibility and room for growth. Once your network cabling is in place, any changes are likely to be both expensive and very disruptive, making it more important to get it right and properly designed first time around.
Akita are able to guide you through every step of the process, from meeting on site for a cost-free site survey, through to designing the best solution for your needs and carrying out the data cabling within time and budget! We offer a full suite of IT services meaning that you rely on Akita to look after all your IT networking needs.
Structured cabling, a wiring system used to transmit data, video and voice information from office to office, or through an entire building is at the foundation of modern information networks and provides a platform upon which an overall information system strategy is built.
Structured cabling has become a key strategic element in the assets of any enterprise:
- 100% of company data travels across cables at some stage
- Approximately 75% of network faults are cable related, due mostly to incorrect installation procedures.
- Networking may be perceived as a small percentage of the overall IT budget, but it plays a critical part in the performance of the system. Under-investment can lead to poor IT performance (e.g. slow data transfer and other network failures).
- A standardised structured cabling system can reduce the overall cost of the network infrastructure.
- IP Convergence, video streaming and other multi-media applications are driving the need for a single high quality solution, capable of supporting current and future applications.