2nd Line IT Engineer
We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional IT support with the highest levels of customer service.
Employees at Akita benefit from an exciting and fast-paced environment in which they gain exposure to up and coming technologies. Continued professional development is encouraged so that our team members develop existing skills and gain new ones.
Hard work is rewarded by career progression and talent is recognised to ensure our engineers have the passion and drive required to deliver outstanding service to our clients.
About the Role
As a 2nd Line IT Support Engineer at Akita, you will:
- Be an experienced member of the technical team and your technical aptitude will add value in this multi-faceted role.
- Perform duties that include ticket support on Helpdesk, project work and hardware maintenance.
- Attend client sites as and when required to fulfil the requirements of prescheduled projects and reactive troubleshooting.
- Have a diligent approach that achieves a long term and cost-effective result for our clients.
- Thrive on imparting your technical knowledge to others and will relish the opportunity to mentor junior engineers.
- Demonstrate a professional, respectful, and proactive approach to customer service.
- Have the technical knowledge to make recommendations to clients, suggesting genuine system improvements and upgrades.
- Bring an in-depth knowledge of Windows technologies, such as Windows Server and Desktop operating systems.
- Demonstrate a logical and methodical approach to troubleshooting, thinking outside the box to reach the best resolution.
- Windows Server 2003-2019
- Windows Desktop XP-10
- Hosted Desktop and Cloud computing
- Terminal server farm setups
- Office 365 tenant setup and administration
- VMWare/Hyper-V administration
- Strong networking capabilities (DNS, routing, switching etc)
- VoIP knowledge, preferably 3CX
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Exposure to Cisco/Draytek firewalls
- Apple products and support
- Group Policy administration
- Cabling survey and installations
- Exposure to Ubiquiti / Cisco Wireless
- Previous MSP experience
- Recognised accreditations (MCP’s, CompTIA, Apple)
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- A logical, methodical approach to the task at hand
- A willingness to learn and teach
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- High standards of customer service
- A personable nature
- A keen level of attention to detail
- A history of being a proven self-starter
Salary: Dependent on qualifications and skills
Start date: ASAP
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 42.5 per week
Shift times: 07:00-15:30 / 07:45-16:15 / 08:45-17:15 / 11:30-20:00
24hr out of hours’ service on a roster basis
Holiday entitlement: 32 days, rising to 38 days subject to terms after 3 years’ continuous service (including 8 bank holidays)
Sick pay: Commencing after 6 months continuous employment (terms apply)
To apply, please click the link below to visit our recruitment portal and submit your CV: