Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer
Akita is a leading IT managed service provider, delivering high-quality IT support and services to over 250 organisations across London and the South East. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional IT support with the highest levels of customer service.
Employees at Akita benefit from an exciting and fast-paced environment in which they gain exposure to up and coming technologies. Continued professional development is encouraged so that our team members develop existing skills and gain new ones.
Hard work is rewarded by career progression and talent is recognised to ensure our engineers have the passion and drive required to deliver outstanding service to our customers.
About the Role
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer at Akita, you will:
- Be working as part of a dedicated team of engineers within a busy & expanding IT services company.
- Be expected to provide innovative solutions to complex technical problems as they arise.
- Generate technical proposals to support the sales team and see through to project completion and delivery.
- Assist the Infrastructure Director with the team’s growth and development.
- Be a team player, working within an efficient and friendly team as it deals with all kinds of support issues generated by the customer base.
- Need to thrive on multi-tasking to complete tasks like provisioning servers, resolving OS faults, and resolving network issues.
- Be expected to provide 3rd line complex technical support and troubleshooting to resolve issues escalated within the team or helpdesk.
- Monitor data centre services’ performance, availability, and reliability. Resolve any predicted issues before they become critical.
- Primarily use the products and services within our established portfolio to recognise new business opportunities and escalate them into sales.
- Be a product champion of current solutions but also champion emerging technologies and demonstrate a business use case.
- Develop longstanding relationships with your assigned clients, using your core technical skills and personable nature.
- The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will be expected to demonstrate a high level of knowledge of all common Microsoft server and desktop platforms and have proven experience with O365 (configuration and deployment).
- Advance networking skills for switching, routing and security.
- Strong Cisco CLI skills (IOS, IOS XR and ASA).
- A strong understanding of VPN technologies.
- Experience in with Linux (primarily around LAMP servers).
- Strong skills in Microsoft Server, Exchange and SQL.
- Experience with VOIP solutions and supporting infrastructure.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience with VMWare. (HA, Distributed switching and vSAN).
- Experience with public cloud providers (AWS & Azure).
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- A logical, methodical approach to the task at hand.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
- High standards of customer service.
- A high level of attention to detail and will be a proven self-starter.
Salary: Up to £55,000 per annum, dependent on qualifications and skills. Benefits to be discussed at interview.
Start date: ASAP
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 45 per week
Shift times: 08:30 – 17:30 with flexibility to support other departments and client needs, including the 24hr out of hours’ service on a roster basis
Holiday entitlement: 32 days, rising to 38 days subject to terms after 3 years’ continuous service (including 8 bank holidays)
Sick pay: Commencing after 6 months continuous employment (terms apply)
To apply for the role, please submit a CV detailing your skills and relevant experience: