IT Support Apprentice
Akita is a leading IT managed service provider, delivering high-quality IT support and services to over 250 organisations across London and the South East.
We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional IT support with the highest levels of customer service.
Employees at Akita benefit from an exciting and fast-paced environment in which they gain exposure to up and coming technologies. Continued professional development is encouraged so that our team members develop existing skills and gain new ones.
Hard work is rewarded by career progression and talent is recognised to ensure our engineers have the passion and drive required to deliver outstanding service to our clients.
About the Role
As an IT Support Apprentice at Akita, you will:
- Be part of a dedicated team of engineers within a busy IT services company.
- Be the first point of contact for all incoming calls, including Helpdesk.
- Provide first line Helpdesk support to our customers, within the Apprentice skillset, demonstrating an outstanding approach to customer service. With training and development, you will become a trusted member of the team who is able to resolve tickets independently.
- Maintain accurate records within both the ticketing system and in response to incoming communication.
- Assist with the setting up, maintenance and repair of computer-related equipment.
- Thrive on obtaining new technical knowledge, actively engaging with more senior colleagues to expand your skillset.
- Collect and deliver computer equipment as required by our customers.
- Proactively undertake any other relevant duties as may reasonably be required by the technical and operations teams. This may include general office duties.
- Be committed to learning and self-development, working towards the standards required in order to complete the apprenticeship.
Desirable Skills and Experience
No previous IT or industry experience is required, but the successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate a keen interest in IT and how systems work, with a problem-solving approach to issues.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- A high level of professionalism.
- Excellent organisational and multitasking skills.
- Commitment and punctuality.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work on their own initiative.
- A flexible and helpful attitude.
- An aptitude for learning.
- A professional yet personable telephone manner.
- A confidential and trustworthy approach.
- A methodical approach with great attention to detail.
- A team player mentality.
Salary: £5.00 per hour for the first year of apprenticeship
Start date: ASAP
Contract type: 15-month fixed-term contract of employment
Hours: 42.5 per week
Shift times: 07:45-16:15 / 08:45-17:15
Holiday entitlement: 32 days, rising to 38 days subject to terms after 3 years’ continuous service (including 8 bank holidays)
Sick pay: Commencing after 6 months continuous employment (terms apply)
To apply for the role, please submit a CV in Word or PDF format via our recruitment portal (link below). Your CV should include information on experience to date, grades (or predicted grades), along with a reason for your interest in an IT career: