2nd Line IT Support Engineer
Akita is a leading provider of proactive IT support and managed services.
We’re looking to fill 2nd Line IT Support Engineer roles in Kent and London.
We support customers across London and the South East, as well as their satellite locations across the wider UK and internationally.
Our engineers manage every aspect of our customers’ accounts at both the granular and strategic levels. The right person will be presented with a challenging and dynamic role, delivering support and high-quality IT services to our growing customer base.
We’re renowned for our excellent customer service and helpful nature. We maintain long working relationships with our customers and have earned over 200 five star reviews for our service.
Akita is a successful and growing company. This provides our staff with plenty of opportunities to take on new challenges, roles and responsibilities. In turn, we assist our employees to develop new skills and gain qualifications through training and courses.
2nd Line IT Support Engineer Kent & London
- The 2nd Line IT Support Engineer will be working as part of a dedicated team of engineers based either from our offices in either Wrotham (near to M20/M26) or Central London (near St. Pauls).
- We deal with all kinds of support issues generated by our customer base. The role will be split between helpdesk support and on-site customer visits. There is an approximate 50/50 split of time in and out of the office (jobs will be based on your location).
- You’ll need to thrive on multi-tasking. You’ll be completing tasks like installing/maintaining servers (virtual and physical), supporting workstations, resolving OS and application faults, as well as identifying and resolving network connectivity issues.
- You will be given responsibility for projects where you’ll be expected to manage every technical aspect whilst maintaining constant liaison with the customer.
- The role includes elements of consultancy, providing recommendations to customers about the future improvement of their IT systems. The sales and marketing departments will be on hand in part to assist you with this.
Key Skills & Background
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the following:
- Server networking (DHCP, DNS, RRAS, TCP/IP)
- Firewalling (Common port numbers, routing, network fault diagnosis)
- Remote working (RRAS, VPN, RDP)
- User support (Account unlocks, account creation, password changes, NTFS permissions)
- Exchange / O365 (Mailbox creation, distribution groups)
- Printer support (Network printing, common troubleshooting)
- Workstation support (All common troubleshooting)
- Excellent communications skills (specifically oral, literacy & numeracy)
- High standards of customer service and a personable nature
- Experienced problem solver
- Experience of SharePoint, Server Hosting (specifically VMware & Hyper-V) and Cisco IOS would be advantageous
Salary: Depending on experience/qualifications/ skills set
Start date: A.S.A.P
Full time: Permanent Contract of Employment
Hours: 42.5 hours per week Monday to Friday
London office: 9:00am – 5:00pm
The Kent office operates on shift patterns: 06:00 – 14:30; 08:45 – 17:15; 13:00 – 21:30
On a roster basis, there is an out of hours’ service between 6:00pm – 8:00am Monday to Friday and 24 hours on Saturday, Sunday or a Bank Holiday. For being on call for out of hours’ service the rate of pay is as follows:
£20.00 – for being on standby to accept out of hours calls on Monday to Friday
£50.00 – for being on standby to accept out of hours calls on a Sat, Sun or Bank Holiday
£20.00 – for each call the 2nd Line IT Support Engineer receives from a customer
Holiday Entitlement: 32 days (including 8 bank holiday)
Contractual Sick Pay: Commencing after 6 months of continuous employment (terms applied)
Expenses: Travel expenses for site visits
Experience: At least 2 years of commercial experience in a 2nd line role
Qualifications: Recognised accreditations (COMPTia, MCSA, MCSE, MCP’s, Apple) would be advantageous
To apply for the role of 2nd Line IT Support Engineer in Kent or London, please submit a CV detailing your experience
For any questions about the role prior to application, please contact us.Contact us