2nd Line IT Network Support Engineer
Akita is a leading provider of proactive IT support and managed services.
We are recruiting for 2nd Line IT Network Support Engineers, based at either our London or Kent offices.
Salary: Depending on experience/qualifications/ skills set
Start date: A.S.A.P
Full time: Permanent Contract of Employment
Hours: 42.5 hours per week Monday to Friday
You will be required to work shift hours to suit the needs and requirements of the business:
7:45am – 4:15pm
8:45am – 5:15pm
9:45am – 6:15pm
On a roster basis, there is an out of hours’ service between 6:00pm – 8:00am Monday to
Friday and 24 hours on Saturday, Sunday or a Bank Holiday. For being on call for out of
hours’ service the rate of pay is as follows:
£20.00 – for being on standby to accept out of hours calls on Monday to Friday
£50.00 – for being on standby to accept out of hours calls on a Sat, Sun or Bank Holiday
£20.00 – for each call the 2nd Line Network Engineer receives from a client
Holiday Entitlement: 32 days (including 8 bank holiday)
Contractual Sick Pay: Commencing after 6 months of continuous employment (terms applied)
Expenses: Travel expenses for site visits
Experience: At least 2 years of commercial experience in a 2nd line role
Qualifications: Recognised accreditations (COMPTia, MCSA, MCSE, MCP’s, Apple) would be advantageous
About the company
Akita Systems Limited is a leading business IT support and service company. From our helpdesks office in Wrotham (near to M20/M26) and London (near St. Pauls), we support customers across London and the South East.
Our engineers are client-focused and are expected to manage every aspect of customer accounts at both the granular and strategic levels. The right person will be presented with a challenging and dynamic role, delivering high-quality IT services to our growing customer base.
Akita is renowned for its superlative customer service and helpful nature, key factors in the long-term relationships we build with our customers.
About the 2nd Line IT Network Support Engineer role
- The 2nd Line IT Network Engineer will be working as part of a dedicated team of engineers within a busy & expanding IT services company. The 2nd Line Network Engineer will be expected to work through helpdesk tickets and will have the opportunity to go out on-site and visit clients. The existing team is efficient and friendly as it deals with all kinds of support issues generated by the customer base. There is an approximate 50/50 split of time in and out of the office.
- The 2nd Line IT Network Engineer will need to thrive on multi-tasking as they complete tasks like installing/maintaining servers (virtual and physical), supporting workstations, resolving OS and application faults as well as identifying and resolving network connectivity issues.
- The 2nd Line IT Network Engineer will be given responsibility for their own projects where they will be expected to manage every technical aspect whilst maintaining constant liaison with the client.
- The 2nd Line IT Network Engineer will primarily use the products and services within our established portfolio to recognise new business opportunities and then escalate them into new sales.
- The role includes making suggestions to the client concerning future improvements in line with their individual business needs.
Key Skills & Background
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the following:
- Server networking (DHCP, DNS, RRAS, TCP/IP)
- Firewalling (Common port numbers, routing, network fault diagnosis)
- Remote working (RRAS, VPN, RDP)
- User support (Account unlocks, account creation, password changes, NTFS permissions)
- Exchange / O365 (Mailbox creation, distribution groups)
- Printer support (Network printing, common troubleshooting)
- Workstation support (All common troubleshooting)
- Excellent communications skills (specifically oral, literacy & numeracy)
- High standards of customer service and a personable nature
- Experienced problem solver
- Experience of SharePoint, Server Hosting (specifically VMware & Hyper-V) and Cisco IOS would be advantageous
To apply for the 2nd Line IT Network Support Engineer position, please submit a CV detailing your experienceContact us