1st Line IT Network Support Engineer (London based)
Akita is a leading provider of proactive IT support and managed services across London and the South East.
We are recruiting for a 1st line Network Support Engineer based our Central London office.
Salary: Depending on experience/qualifications/ skills set
Start date: A.S.A.P
Full time: Permanent Contract of Employment
Hours: 42.5 hours per week Monday to Friday
You will be required to work the following hours to suit the needs and requirements of the business: 8:45am – 5:15pm
Holiday Entitlement: 32 days (including 8 bank holiday)
Contractual Sick Pay: Commencing after 6 months of continuous employment (terms applied)
Expenses: Travel expenses for site visits
Experience: At least 1 year of commercial experience in the IT sector
Qualifications: Recognised accreditations (CompTIA, MCP’s, Apple) would be advantageous
About the Company
We are a leading business IT support and service company. From our head office-based helpdesk in Wrotham, Kent (near to M20/M26), we support customers across Kent, London and the South East.
London is a rapidly expanding commercial opportunity for the company. In response, Akita has opened a permanent office in Central London (16 St Martin’s Le Grand, London EC1A 4EN).
Our engineers are client-focused and are expected to manage every aspect of customer accounts at both the granular and strategic levels. The right person will be presented with a challenging and dynamic role, delivering high-quality IT services to our growing customer base.
Akita is renowned for its superlative customer service and helpful nature, key factors in the long-term relationships we build with our customers.
About the 1st Line IT Support Engineer London Role
- The 1st Line Network Engineer will be working as part of a dedicated team of engineers within a busy & expanding IT services company. Following induction, you will be permanently based in our London office and will have the full support of those staff onsite as well as the engineering team based at head office.
- The 1st Line Network Engineer will be expected to work through helpdesk tickets and will be expected to go out on-site to visit clients.
- The existing team is efficient and friendly as it deals with all kinds of support issues generated by the customer base. There is an approximate 50/50 split of time in and out of the office.
- The 1st Line Network Engineer will need to thrive on multi-tasking as they complete tasks like installing /maintaining servers (virtual and physical), supporting workstations, resolving OS and application faults as well as identifying and resolving network connectivity issues.
- The 1st Line Network Engineer will be given every opportunity to learn and will gain a wealth of hands-on experience. Ultimately the 1st Line Network Engineer will use the products and services within our established portfolio to recognise new business opportunities and then escalate them into new sales.
1st Line IT Support Engineer London Key Skills & Background
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the following:
- A solid understanding of Microsoft Desktops and an understanding of networking technologies
- Excellent communications skills (specifically oral, literacy & numeracy)
- High standards of customer service and a personable nature
- Accomplished problem solver
To apply for the role of 1st Line IT Support Engineer London, please submit a CV demonstrating your experience and suitability for the role.Contact us