1st Line IT Network Support Engineer (Kent based)
Akita is a leading IT support and managed services company.
We are recruiting for a 1st Line IT Network Support Engineer (Kent-based)
Salary: Depending on qualifications and skills set
Start date: A.S.A.P
Full time: Permanent Contract of Employment
Hours: 42.5 hours per week Monday to Friday The 1st Line Network Support Engineer needs to be available for work on a minimum of 8 Saturdays per annum. For overtime worked on a Saturday the 1st Line Network Support Engineer may receive payment or time off in lieu at the Director’s discretion. The 1st Line Network Engineer will be required to work shift hours to suit the needs and requirements of the business:
7:45am – 4:15pm
8:45am – 5:15pm
9:45am – 6:15pm
On a roster basis, there is an out of hours’ service between 6:00pm – 8:00am Monday to Friday and 24 hours on Saturday, Sunday or a Bank Holiday. For being on call for the out of hours’ service the 1st Line IT Network Support Engineer will receive additional payment. Details of the additional payment will
be confirmed on offer of employment.
Holiday Entitlement: 32 days (including 8 bank holiday)
Contractual Sick Pay: Commencing after 6 months of continuous employment (terms applied)
Expenses: Travel expenses for site visits
Qualifications: Recognised Microsoft accreditations (MCSA, MCSE, MCP’s) would be advantageous
About the company
From our helpdesk office in Wrotham (near to M20/M26), we support customers across Kent, London and the South East.
Our engineers are client-focused and are expected to manage every aspect of customer accounts at both the granular and strategic levels. The right person will be presented with a challenging and dynamic role, delivering high-quality IT services to our growing customer base.
Akita is renowned for its superlative customer service and helpful nature, key factors in the long-term relationships we
build with our customers.
About the 1st Line IT Network Support Engineer Kent role
- The 1st Line Network Engineer will be working as part of a dedicated team of engineers within a busy & expanding IT services company
- The 1st Line Network Engineer will be expected to work through helpdesk tickets and will have the opportunity to go out on-site and visit clients
- The existing team is efficient and friendly as it deals with all kinds of support issues generated by the customer base. There is an approximate 50/50 split of time in and out of the office
- The 1st Line Network Engineer will need to thrive on multi-tasking as they complete tasks like installing servers, replacing workstations, resolving OS faults as well as identifying and resolving network connectivity issues
- The 1st Line Network Engineer will be given every opportunity to learn and will gain a wealth of hands-on experience
- Ultimately the 1st Line Network Engineer will use the products and services within our established portfolio to recognise new business opportunities and then escalate them into new sales
Key Skills & Background
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the following:
- A solid understanding of Microsoft Desktops and awareness of networking technologies
- Excellent communications skills (specifically oral, literacy & numeracy)
- High standards of customer service and a personable nature
- Accomplished problem solver
To apply for the 1st Line IT Network Support Engineer Kent role, please submit your CV detailing your experience.Contact us