1st Line IT Engineer
We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional IT support with the highest levels of customer service.
Employees at Akita benefit from an exciting and fast-paced environment in which they gain exposure to up and coming technologies. Continued professional development is encouraged so that our team members develop existing skills and gain new ones.
Hard work is rewarded by career progression and talent is recognised to ensure our engineers have the passion and drive required to deliver outstanding service to our clients.
About the Role
As a 1st Line Engineer at Akita, you will:
- Be part of a dedicated team of engineers within a busy IT services company.
- Perform duties that include ticket support on Helpdesk and hardware maintenance. These include resolving tickets such as user setups, software installs, hardware fault finding, VPN troubleshooting, NTFS permissions changes, hosted service issues, email fault finding, mobile device support and user profile problems.
- Attend client sites as and when required to fulfil the requirements of prescheduled projects and reactive troubleshooting.
- Have a diligent approach that achieves a long term and cost-effective result for our clients, Demonstrating a professional, respectful, and proactive approach to customer service.
- Thrive on obtaining new technical knowledge, actively engaging with more senior colleagues to expand your skillset.
- Bring a general knowledge of Windows technologies, such as Windows Server and Desktop operating systems.
- Use the products and services within our established portfolio to recognise new business opportunities and then escalate them into sales.
- Demonstrate a logical and methodical approach to troubleshooting, thinking outside the box to reach the best resolution.
- Windows Server 2003-2019
- Windows Desktop (XP to 10)
- Hosted Desktop and Cloud computing
- General user and email administration
- Office 365 tenant setup and administration
- Basic networking capabilities (DNS, DHCP etc)
Desirable Skills and Experience
- VMWare/Hyper-V administration
- VoIP experience, preferably 3CX
- Apple products and support
- Group Policy administration
- Cabling experience
- Exposure to Ubiquiti / Cisco Wireless
- Previous MSP experience
- Recognised accreditations (MCP’s, CompTIA, Apple)
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- A logical, methodical approach to the task at hand
- A willingness to learn and teach
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- High standards of customer service
- A personable nature
- A keen level of attention to detail
- A history of being a proven self-starter
Salary: Dependent on qualifications and skills
Start date: ASAP
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 42.5 per week
Shift times: 07:45-16:15 / 08:45-17:15
24hr out of hours’ service on a roster basis
Holiday entitlement: 32 days, rising to 38 days subject to terms after 3 years’ continuous service (including 8 bank holidays)
Sick pay: Commencing after 6 months continuous employment (terms apply)
To apply, please submit a CV in Word or PDF format via our recruitment portal (link below). Your CV should detail relevant experience and reason for interest in the role: