Akita are looking to grow our team with the additional of two friendly and enthusiastic apprentices.
Do you know any young and ambitious people looking to build a successful career in the IT industry? If so, Akita would be delighted to hear from them!
Due to continued growth and the further development of our engineering team, we are looking to recruit two apprentices. Based from our Kent offices, they will work alongside the existing engineering team while they learn the ropes and build their knowledge and experience.
We currently have two apprentices – Luke and Jack – who have been with us since 2016 and 2017 respectively. Jack has thoroughly enjoyed his time at Akita, “I really have learnt so much since joining Akita. As well as the formal training, I have gained an incredible amount from working on the IT support desk and carrying out work on clients’ sites. Obviously being on the helpdesk has really allowed me to develop my customer service skills. As well as this, I have been involved in office moves, setting up printers, installing software and shadowing the engineers. I recently realised how much knowledge I have absorbed, I was on a client’s site and I had to show a printer engineer how to network a couple of new machines! Akita is a great company to work for, they are a really friendly and helpful team and staff even have healthy lunches freshly cooked for us every day!”.
Luke joined in September 2016 and has completed his initial 12 month apprenticeship, he is now a Senior Apprentice and studying for his Network Engineer Higher Level 4 qualification while getting increasingly involved in other projects and first-line support tasks.
Ongoing training and development plays a large part in the apprenticeships, resulting in a week of dedicated training and education every 6-8 weeks. Much of this is Microsoft’s virtual classroom training, a series of webinars and tests to build fundamental knowledge and to provide the apprentices with a formal qualification (an Infrastructure Technician Level 3). This course includes the following modules, providing a tremendous grounding for a variety of IT roles:
- Understanding LANs
- Defining networks with the OSI model
- Understanding wired and wireless networks
- Understanding Internet protocols
- Implementing TCP/IP networking through the GUI and command line interface
- Working with network services
- Understanding WAN technologies
- Defining network infrastructures and network security
Mobility and Device Fundamentals
- Understanding device configurations
- Managing file sharing, data access and management
- Configuring device security in different network scenarios
- Configuring authentication and authorisation services for remote devices
- Utilising cloud services including Intune, Azure and Office365
- Disaster recovery, fault tolerance and high availability
- Terminology, structure and core principles of ITIL practices for Service Management
- Service strategy, design and transition
- Implement service management
- Service Operation day to day management of the ICT Infrastructure
- Continual Service Improvement
- Service Management Lifecycle
- Understanding cloud principles and delivery mechanisms
- Cloud security requirements and policies
- Types of cloud services and their providers
- Enabling Microsoft cloud services including Office365, Azure and Intune
- Administering Microsoft cloud services
- Using and configuring Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, OneDrive and Skype for Business
Coding and Logic Functional Skills
- Understand similarities and differences between a range of coding and logic
- Working/scripting at command line: supporting any server work
- Understand and recognize different coding and language
- Understand application life cycle management
- Understand algorithms and data structures
- Understand web page development
To apply for an apprenticeship with Akita, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss the role, feel free to contact Niki on 01732 762675.