Network Engineer Wanted!
Job Title: Network Engineer
Salary: circa £18-27k (depending on experience/qualifications/ skills set)
Start date: ASAP
Full time: Permanent Contract of Employment
Hours: 42.5 hours per week Monday to Friday
Holiday Entitlement: 32 days (including 8 bank holidays)
Contractual Sick Pay: Commencing after 6 months continuous employment (terms applied)
Expenses: Travel expenses for site visits
Qualifications: Microsoft accreditations (MCP, MCSA, MCSE) would be advantageous
Akita, an expanding business to business IT services company based near M20/M25 in Kent, requires a permanent engineer with specific IT skills to join our highly dynamic and proactive team. Our engineers are client-focused and are expected to manage every aspect of customer accounts at both the granular and strategic levels. We specialise in hosted servers, virtual desktops, hosted email and hosted applications with particular regard to CRM and SharePoint. The right person will be presented with a challenging and dynamic role delivering high quality services to our customer base.
The successful candidate must have a full driving licence with their own car. Company vehicles will be provided wherever possible for travel to customer site. The right candidate must be located within a 20 mile radius of Junction 2 of the M20. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a proactive, developing company.
The successful candidate will be required to provide comprehensive IT support to our clients by telephone, remote access or on-site methods. The typical tasks may include, but are not limited to:
• Installing new software
• Installing new hardware (servers, printers, computer workstations, etc.)
• Setting up user accounts, permissions and passwords
• Overseeing security of all systems, especially the internet, and installing antivirus protection
• Fixing network faults
• Network maintenance
• Identification of new business opportunities
• Training staff on new systems
• Day to day admin and monitoring of network use
• Planning future improvements, suggesting IT solutions to business problems
• Making sure all IT meets industry standards
Required Skills and Industry Experience
As well as an in depth knowledge of technology, we would like the successful candidate to have the following attributes to become a successful engineer:
• An in-depth knowledge in Windows Server 2008/2012, Windows 7/8/10, Office 2010/2013/2016/365
• An understanding of the following technologies is desirable: Hyper V, VMWare, Active Directory, Exchange 2003/2007/2010/2013, VPN technologies, Cisco IOS
• Good at problem solving
• Able to explain technical problems in a simple terms
• A dedication to continually update knowledge
· High level of professionalism
· Excellent organisational and multitasking skills
· Excellent time management
· Excellent attention to detail – accuracy is key
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work on own initiative
· Work well with people
· Analytical, logical, tenacious and methodical approach
· Ability to cope with pressure
· Ability to resolve difficult situations
· Confidential and trustworthy approach to work
· Flexible and helpful attitude
· Excellent telephone manner
· Enjoys working within a busy reactive environment
With experience, there are opportunities for internal career development and progression.
As the IT industry develops and moves forward so quickly, it will be essential to continually update your knowledge. This will be particularly important when it comes to the specific programs, hardware and resources used. You will need to stay up to date with the latest changes in all equipment and software used. This will not necessarily involve external or internal courses. Instead, you may be asked to learn about new changes by reading the latest manuals or learning from the wealth of experience within our highly successful and dedicated team.
We will support and train the successful candidate to help develop your career.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and covering letter before 8th December 2015 for consideration.