Vacancy – Financial Bookkeeper
We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time financial bookkeeper to join our growing team!
JOB DESCRIPTION – FINANCIAL BOOKKEEPER
Salary :- Circa £18K to £35K p.a. (depending on experience/qualifications/ skills set)
Start date :- June 2013
Full time :- Permanent Contract of Employment
Hours :- 8:45am – 5:15pm (Monday – Friday)
Qualifications :- Preferably AAT qualified (Association of Accounting Technicians) but will also consider candidates who hold qualifications from ICB (Institute of Certified Book keepers) or IAB (International Association of Book keepers)
Responsible for handling the fundamental aspects of the Company’s financial recordkeeping, including recording financial transactions, producing management Accounts, managing accounts payable and receivable, credit control function, reconciling bank statements, and completing VAT returns. Accurate accounting skills and experience required.
• High level of professionalism
• Excellent organisational skills
• Excellent time management
• Excellent attention to detail – accuracy is key
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Analytical, logical, tenacious and methodical approach
• Ability to cope with pressure
• Ability to resolve difficult situations
• Confidential and trustworthy approach to work
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Flexible and helpful attitude
• Self-motivated and able to resolve problems independently
• Excellent telephone manner
• Enjoys working within a busy reactive environment
• Daily Bank reconciliation
• Post all receipts and payments to Accounts systems/Sage(inc. standing order payments)
• All purchase invoices posted to Sage to include reference to our customers where applicable
• All sales invoices posted to Sage to include operative when relevant
• Monthly journals posted to Sage to include adjustments for Pre-Paid Contracts
• Produce P&L and Balance Sheet monthly and result discussed with the Directors.
• Calculate Dividend for Directors monthly. Quarterly for other shareholders
• Calculate VAT quarterly and pay as required (Cash Accounting Scheme)
• Pay staff wages including overtime/child voucher schemes/petty cash (Wages company is used for tax/NI calculations and year end payroll reporting)
• Pay Inland Revenue monthly PAYE
• Chase up all outstanding Sales
• Provide Year-end accounts to accountants with necessary Journal adjustments
• Future involvement with integration of new accounting & management systems
The Company reserves the right to require the candidate to perform other duties from time to time, and it is a condition of this employment that the candidate is prepared to do this. In accepting this position the candidate warrants that they are entitled to work in the UK without any additional approvals.
Please email applications or further enquiries to email@example.com.