VoIP is in essence a term to describe the transmission of telephone calls over the Internet as opposed to traditional PSTN. This is accomplished by converting the analogue signal into a digitised version, transmitting this through the Internet connection, and reversing this process at the receiver’s end.
VoIP solutions can be either standalone or, more appropriately for most existing businesses, they can be integrated with existing ISDN or PSTN telephone systems.
By integrating in this way, you can benefit from the flexibility and cost savings associated with VoIP with the convenience of retaining an existing switchboard and telephones.
Cost Savings Flexibility
A VoIP telephone system gives significant flexibility to re-route calls, provides telephony links when out of the office, offers an easily changeable switchboard system, and provides features such as voicemail which enable messages to be emailed. There is no need for additional wiring unlike standard PBXs requiring additional extensions.
Depending on the type of telephone system in place, VoIP offers improved features such as:
- Auto attendant (i.e. dial 1 for sales, 2 for accounts, etc.)
- Voicemail (messages can be emailed).
- Improved call control and extension management.
- Integration with Outlook or CRM packages with click-to-dial.
Employees spread all over the country working from branch offices or home can all be given extensions of a single number with the ability to route calls between themselves. VoIP offers a seamless link ensuring that customers are unaware that employees aren’t all in one central office location.
Unlike tradition phone systems, a VoIP system offers protection against certain disasters which could render an office PBX unavailable. If required, the VoIP system can be up and running in a matter of hours and employees could be working seamlessly from home or a warm site.
Control and Manageability
VoIP solutions give greater control and reporting of call logs, duration, destination, etc. This can prove invaluable where remote workers are expected to spend specific amounts of time on the phone.
Evolve Your Communications With 3CX Phone System for Windows
3CX Phone System for Windows is a software based PBX for Windows that works with SIP standard based IP Phones, SIP trunks and VoIP Gateways to provide a full PBX solution – without the inflated cost and management headaches of an ‘old style’ PBX. Used by more than 30,000 companies globally, 3CX has been recognized for its innovation and cutting-edge technology.
Easy Installation and Management
Because 3CX runs on Windows, it is easily installed and managed by Windows IT administrators without the need for special telecom or Linux skills. It’s preconfigured to work with popular IP Phones, VoIP Gateways and SIP trunks saving you the hassle of having to configure and manage these devices.
- No need for extensive telecom knowledge or training
- Open Standards – Vendor independent
- Central Control from the 3CX Management Console
- Choose from popular IP Phones, VoIP Gateways, SIP Trunks
Take your Extension Anywhere
3CX includes clients for smartphones and Mac or Windows laptops that allow users to use their office extension from anywhere, seamlessly integrated as if they were in the office. Not only are all calls to the office free of charge, but employees can leverage one single number and make a professional impression.
- Take your extension everywhere you go
- All calls are free of charge – slash your mobile phone bills
- Increase productivity – work from anywhere
- One number – Don’t give out your personal mobile number
Halve your Telephone Bill and Increase Sales
With 3CX, companies can reduce their telephone costs by up to 80%, by leveraging SIP trunks, WebRTC, free calling to remote extensions and offices and reducing the number of fixed telephony lines. With the CRM integration, agents get a customer name rather than a number.
- Save on call costs by lowering mobile & customer service number bills
- Easily add and remove extensions – no per user license
- Know who’s calling with CRM integration -increase customer satisfaction
- Leverage existing hardware, wiring and low cost open standard hardware
10 Advantages of 3CX Phone System
1. Software based: Easy to install & manage
2. Inexpensive to buy and expand
3. Work from anywhere with iOS & Android clients
4. Leverage existing IT infrastructure & Server hardware
5. Save on your phone bill with SIP Trunks & Mobile / Remote clients
6. Integrated video conferencing using WebRTC
7. Better customer service with advanced call queues
8. Integrate with CRM & Accounting software
9. Standards based – use popular IP Phones, SIP Trunks
10. Click 2 Call from your website